5 Things You Should Know About Facial Rejuvenation
Posted on February 6, 2020
Facial Rejuvenation Options and Facelift Surgery
Knowing your facial rejuvenation options means you’ll be aware of how your skin and facial anatomy are changing with time, and what the best solutions will involve, including skincare and cosmetic injections.
Are you wanting to refresh your look and restore a firmer jawline with a Facelift? Are you looking for the right Surgeon? Why not see a respected Specialist Plastic Surgeons for facial rejuvenation including Facelift options such as SMAS or MACS, Dr Richard Sackelariou.
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery of the face can leave you with a refreshed look a ‘new outlook’ on life because of the restored facial confidence it can provide selected patients. It’s very important to have realistic expectations about facelift surgery, but if you understand what it can accomplish and are willing to go through the recovery process, most patients report a very high satisfaction rate.
Facelift Research: How Much Younger Will I Look After a Facelift?
Remember, all patients are different and results can vary from patient to patient.
- Often, a Facelift will get patients a good result if they also invest in skin rejuvenation (rejuvenating serums, skin peels or laser resurfacing) along with a neck lift or chin augmentation, lip lift and eyelid surgery.
- Cosmetic Injections combined with Facelift surgery are gaining ground as offering the most dramatic and pleasing facial rejuvenation results.
- So be sure you ask about the most holistic approach to your facelift options, including anti-wrinkle and dermal filler injections, before you decide which strategy will be best to help refresh your look and reduce loose skin, sagging jowls or facial wrinkles.
- A facelift does not necessarily treat wrinkles BUT it can reduce sagging skin and tighten tissues in the treated area(s); wrinkles may need additional specific treatments such as skin lasers, dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle injections, and other anti-ageing solutions available at his Sydney or Melbourne clinic.
What Are Some of the Biggest Risks of Having a Facelift?
Getting the wrong Surgeon and/or having surgery in a backroom or overseas medical facility rather than in an accredited hospital facility with seasoned anaesthetists.
With all surgery, there are risks involved. The same holds true of a facelift or neck lift procedure.
With a facelift, if your Surgeon gets it wrong, you could end up with permanent facial disfigurement instead of improvements. Or you could look ‘overstretched’ or ‘overdone’ instead of natural. This is why getting a cheap facelift overseas or by a non-Specialist Plastic Surgeon with extensive facelift experience.
There’s often no greater risk to your safety and facelift results than if you choose a Surgeon who isn’t highly trained, who lacks experience in facial rejuvenation or who doesn’t fully understand and take into account complex facial anatomy and sterility and safety precautions.
Dr Sackelariou is a precision Melbourne Plastic Surgeon who has extensive experience, high-level qualifications and a dedication to getting patients natural-looking facelift results.
Experience is vital in this procedure so you need to ensure you do your research. Here are the top 5 things you should know before getting a facelift.
1. Before Getting a Facelift – Research the Market!
- Unfortunately, not everyone can follow through with high expectations for facial procedures in the cosmetic surgery, cosmetic facial injections and plastic surgery industry.
- If a complication occurs after a procedure, these need Specialist Plastic Surgeon/top-level medical management and patient care excellence.
- One of the big things to remember when you research your options for a facelift is that the look of the clinic or advertising will not determine the quality of work.
- Quality comes only with superior knowledge and experience, so make sure you sit down with your surgeon and ask all the relevant questions.
Please phone us or send an enquiry form for a FACT SHEET on Facelift Surgery. Or call to schedule a no-obligation consultation for facial rejuvenation with Dr Richard Sackelariou, who performs strategically-planned facial rejuvenation procedures including facelift surgery, neck lift surgery, jawline and chin enhancements such as chin augmentation, upper lift lip surgery, facial injections for reducing wrinkles or dermal filler injections for feature volume restoration, nose reshaping surgery and eyelid lift procedures.
For details of which surgery (or combination of surgery and non-surgical options) will suit your goals best, phone our offices today.
2. Make Sure Facelift Surgery is Really What You Want!
- The results of receiving a facelift can range in terms of facial rejuvenation potential, depending on the individual and what they are starting with before their facelift surgery.
- However, you do need to make sure you are going to adjust to the changes that come with the procedure.
- Prior to surgery, you will sit with your plastic surgeon who will go through your wants and needs. Your surgeon will not perform the procedure until you are happy with the surgical plan.
3. Know What’s Available in Terms of Facelift and Neck Rejuvenation Options including “a Liquid Facelift” Using Cosmetic Injections and Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
- Depending on your desired facial changes and skin condition, there may be numerous options for you to help you meet your needs.
- Combined skin rejuvenation treatments along with feature augmentation such as facial skin “lifting” and eyelid lifting surgeries (eyelid reduction/Blepharoplasty) can get a holistically enhanced facial rejuvenation result.
The most advanced Facelift and Facial Rejuvenation procedures that Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Richard Sackelariou, currently offers include:
- This type of facelift lifts the layer of tissue under your skin.
- Helps eliminate the appearance of drooping facial features such as sagging skin.
- The MACS facelift is a technique that utilises small incisions.
- It can improve the appearance of the jowls and helps “tighten” sagging skin around the neck area by reducing excess skin and re-draping the .
Full facelift (Upper, mid-face and/or lower facelift techniques) or combined procedures including eyelid surgery:
- Multiple face lifting surgery procedures may be required to address more significant concerns about facial ageing rather than just the lower face or jawline.
- A full facelift or mid-face and upper-face lift, brow lift and/or eyelid lift can help rejuvenate more extensive regions of your face.
4. Prepare For a Facelift – Be Healthy and Look After Your Skin, Nutrition and Sleeping Habits
- Maintaining a good skincare regime, healthy nutrition and regular exercise prior to your Facelift surgery is imperative to getting optimal results.
- The healthier you are, and the better your skin, the better your facelift experience and the more positive your result is going to be.
If you work with highly respected Plastic Surgeon, Dr Richard Sackelariou, he will provide you with a helpful BEFORE SURGERY checklist, to help prepare you for your facelift procedure so you can optimise your healing and results.
Follow this checklist as he recommends, as it will assist you with facelift recovery and help ensure your facial rejuvenation results will be longer-lasting, as well as reducing your risks of post-operative complications (but DO ask about the risks as all surgery has risks; it’s how you manage them and reduce them that’s good to think about before you have a facelift and this is the reason you should choose a highly trusted Specialist Plastic Surgeon who is FRACS.
5. Post-op – After Your Facelift: Specialist Plastic Surgeon Recommendations for Healing
- There will be many precautions and measures needed to take following your facelift or neck lift operation.
- You’ll need to be prepared to sleep elevated on several pillows (usually 2) for a few weeks after surgery, and to follow other incision line healing protocols recommended by Melbourne and Sydney Plastic Surgeon Dr Richard Sackelariou.
- One of the main things to ensure is that you get plenty of rest.
- You will be required to take time off work as you will be sore and bandaged. Resting helps your body to recover at a faster rate so you ensure you prepare for this.
Download our Guide on Facial Rejuvenation Options & Surgery
Learn about Facial Rejuvenation
Dr Richard Sackelariou offers advanced techniques for facial, neckline, jawline, lip and eyelid rejuvenation including natural-looking facelift procedures. During your consultation, he will work to help you learn more about the facelift surgery and recovery processes as well as give you his professional opinion of what he believes will best suit your facial rejuvenation needs before any procedure takes place.
A facial consultation is an excellent way to continue your Facelift Procedure research and find out what your facial rejuvenation options are.
Next Step – Book a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou
If you are considering cosmetic plastic surgery then Dr Richard Sackelariou is the specialist plastic surgeon for you.
Dr Sackelariou can assist you in achieving your desired body image, helping restore you to a more youthful and confident self. Phone Melbourne 03 88409 1444 or Sydney (02) 9362-0676 to enquire or request a consultation.