Saggy Eyelids – 5 Signs You’re Ready for a Eyelid lift
Puffy or Saggy Eyelids? – Are You Ready For An Eyelid Lift?
Eyelid lift surgery in Melbourne and Sydney by Dr Sackelariou, a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, can greatly enhance and refresh your facial appearance when your looks are seemingly compromised by saggy eyelids, droopy eyelid skin and puffy-looking eyelids or under-eye bags.
There are TWO KEY types of eyelid surgery procedures that are popular for anti-ageing or vision correction:
- Upper Blepharoplasty
- Lower Blepharoplasty
Other corrective eyelid surgery procedures include Canthoplasty surgery or corrective surgery for the conditions of Ectropion and Entropion.
Is Eyelid Lift Surgery Really Necessary When You have Saggy Eyelids?
Sometimes, facial cosmetic injections can remedy a bit of ptosis for a temporary period of time. Alternatively, depending on your facial anatomy, a brow lift or combined brow lift/eyelid lift surgery may be recommended for your concerns.
Not all eyelid surgery is cosmetic – often, eyelid lift procedures are medically warranted due to field of vision impairments or functional concerns caused by ptotic skin around the eyes.
- For some individuals, surgery of the eyelid area is purely cosmetic in nature, and maybe done at any age.
- For others, eyelid ptosis or functionality concerns due to ageing skin may leave the field of vision and/or blinking functions disturbed.
For these individuals, a corrective Blepharoplasty for vision impairment caused by eyelid area ptosis is a medically-required procedure rather than cosmetic.
Whatever your eyelid concern, Dr Richard Sackelariou is highly experienced at expert eyelid surgery to improve your eyelid appearance, refresh your looks or correct for eyelid function issues related to ageing, sagging eyelid skin or under-eye bags (fat bulges beneath your eyes).
Five questions to ask yourself about your ageing eyelids to see if it might be time to have the Blepharoplasty procedure to reduce puffy-looking eye bags, sagging eyelid skin and baggy-upper lids.
- Do you hate how tired or worn out you look around the eyes?
- Are your eyelashes still beautifully visible or are they partially buried under – or hidden by – sagging eyelid skin?
- Do you struggle at times with RAISING your brows a bit high, just to see better, or to see peripherally?
- Are your eyelids reflecting your biological age – or worse yet, far OLDER than you actually are – due to your time spent in the sun or other genetic and environmental factors?
- Would you like to look fresher and younger around your eyes, with just a few weeks of recovery time and minimal scars?
Explore your Blepharoplasty Surgery options by phoning us for a consultation in Melbourne and Sydney, with Dr Richard Sackelariou, a Specialist Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in a variety of face rejuvenation procedures including cosmetic injections, eyelid lift procedures (lower eyelids and upper eyelids), facelifts, lip lifts, cheek and chin augmentation, and more. He’s also an expert in Breast Surgery and Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring procedures including male breast reduction and breast lifts for women with advanced ptosis of the breasts (sagging breast tissues).
Common Eyelid Lift Surgery Questions:
Why are eyelids the first to show ageing?
- Let’s face it – the skin over your eyelids gets a LOT of use over the course of your lifetime.
- Plus, the eyelid skin is thinner than skin on other areas of your body and face.
- Like all parts of the body and your skin, as they age, they ‘wear out’ or deteriorate in terms of muscle strength, collagen/resiliency, and functional capacity.
- From blinking to squinting to other dynamic facial expressions, you are using the muscles around and under your EYES hundreds of times a day, week in and week out.
- And you probably never pause to think about the effects on your muscles and eyelid skin, over time, but one day – you look in the mirror – and you see the reflection of your parents or grandparents staring back at you. Only they’re no where in the room or may have even left the planet.
So eyelid skin is more vulnerable to early signs of ageing because of repeated use, its thinness, and genetic tendencies for heavier eyelids or sagging eyelid skin.
Those are the signs it’s time to check into your eyelid surgery options.
- Eventually, after decades of significant use, our eyelids will start to show our age – and then some.
- Sometimes it seems sudden, but it’s typically building up over time and we just don’t notice it – especially if the upper lids obscure our iris area, we may even have difficulty seeing properly until we’ve had an eyelid lift.
- Our eyelids and eyes can look worse when we’re tired, dehydrated, stressed, sleep deprived or recovering after a big night of birthday celebrations.
- Plus, if the lower lid or upper lid functionality becomes compromised due to ageing factors, your blinking functions, tear ducts, eyelid closing/facial expressions and other eyelid functionality may become altered in a less-than-attractive way.
- It’s even possible the lashes are fully obscured by your lids, or digging into your eyes instead of pointing outwards due to changes in your lower or upper eyelids.
Get our Blepharoplasty Guide for Saggy Eyelids!
Visit the Eyelid Surgery page.
How long is the procedure in theatre and how long is recovery from eyelid surgery?
- The procedure can take about 1.5-2 hours for most patients, longer if both upper and lower lids are being operated on.
- Dr Sackelariou operates in accredited private hospitals and in he’s available by appointment only and is a facial rejuvenation and eyelid surgery expert Plastic Surgeon with FRACS and ASPS membership and internationally advanced experience and training.
- He dedicates his practice to precision procedures with natural-looking results.
- Because eyelid surgery is so complex, it’s best to trust an experienced Surgeon rather than a less-experienced Surgeon – if they get it wrong, you may end up with eyelids that won’t function properly (not closing) or eyelid hallows (which look unappealing).
- Find out what Dr Sackelariou does differently to other surgeons by visiting him for a consultation and asking any and all questions you have about helping rejuvenate your eyelid area or repair a functionality concern involving potsis of the lower or upper lids (eyelid surgery).
Phone us today for a consultation to understand what’s involved in eyelid reduction or eyelid lift surgery (Upper Blepharoplasty or Lower Blepharoplasty or corrective surgery for eyelid conditions such as Entropion or Ectropion).
Click here for more information on eyelid surgery by expert Plastic Surgeon, Dr Sackelariou and phone us for a consultation.
Next Step – Book a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou
If you are considering cosmetic plastic surgery then Dr Richard Sackelariou is the specialist plastic surgeon for you. In Melbourne at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery Hawthorn or in Sydney in Double Bay.
Dr Sackelariou can assist you in achieving your desired body image, helping restore you to a more youthful and confident self. Phone Melbourne 1300 264 811 or Sydney 1300 661 362 to enquire or request a consultation.