Body Surgery in Sydney and Melbourne
Body Surgery by Dr Richard Sackelariou, Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne & Sydney
What is Body Surgery?
Satisfaction with our own body and good looks is reflected in a good mood and self-confidence. On the other hand, if we are not satisfied with ourselves, our personal, social, and business lives can suffer. The source of dissatisfaction can have different causes in the form of injuries, congenital anomalies, or detail on the face or body that we do not like.
Cosmetic surgery can change your life in a way that allows you to feel better in your own body.
Aesthetic body surgeries include surgical procedures that significantly alter and improve the appearance of the body. Body surgeries include treatments that alternate parts of the body affected by weight gain and overweight, sudden or continuous weight loss, but also special medical conditions such as pregnancy, or excess skin caused by any of these conditions.
Each procedure on your body is individualized for each patient. Also, the procedure itself can be more or less extensive, which will be determined by the specialist surgeon during the consultation.
It is important to mention that operations on certain parts of the body, such as the breast, do not belong to this group of operations, although they are anatomically in a group that could be called the body. But since such body parts already have a large number of surgeries that can be performed, they form separate categories in plastic surgery.
Am I a Good Candidate for Body Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is technically demanding but can give excellent results when carefully selected procedures are performed on the right candidates.
For this very reason, it is important that in collaboration with your specialist surgeon, you determine if you are the right candidate for a particular surgical procedure on your body.
There are many factors that influence the decision of a specialist surgeon whether you are a good candidate for body surgery, or perhaps a non-invasive procedure is a better solution for you. Medical conditions, taking certain medications, medical history, and general health are just some of the factors that will influence a surgeon’s decision.
But there are certain qualifications that every patient must meet in order to be able to undergo body plastic surgery. These are:
- Good overall health
- Having realistic expectations
- Not suffering from medical conditions as diabetes, high blood pressure, bleeding
- disorder, heart disease, or depression.
- Other medical conditions that can impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
What Are The Benefits Of Body Surgery?
The goal of cosmetic surgery is not to obtain perfect body shapes, because they are individual, but to remove or reduce those shapes or forms that are a source of discomfort and dissatisfaction in the patient, and represent a social, psychological, and physical problem, thereby automatically impairing his health.
This is where the greatest benefits of plastic surgery for every patient lie. Although they, like the procedure itself, are individual, patients feel better, more satisfied after the surgery, and experience an instant increase in self-confidence.
Regardless of whether the benefits of surgery represent an aesthetic or functional improvement
for you, most patients feel better and more confident after opting for body surgery.
It is for this reason that it is important to emphasize the psychological factor, which is the greatest benefit experienced by most patients.
Download the Guides for Body Procedures
Do you have a lot of questions about body surgery? Want to know more before you decide to take the next step? Great!
Download our Tummy Tuck Surgery Guide
Download our Excess Skin Reduction Body Lift Guide
Download our Liposuction Guide
Download our Male Breast Reduction Guide
We have put together these complete guides for you that will introduce you to everything you need to know about finding the best body surgery in Australia!
What Are The Most Popular Body Surgery Procedures?
Aesthetic body procedures are one of the most sought after in the world of plastic surgery. Life rhythm, age, stress, and habits greatly affect the appearance of our body, and no one is immune to these factors.
Precisely for this reason, surgical procedures such as Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, and Labiaplasty are among the most popular in the world and occupy high positions in the TOP 10 surgical procedures each year.
For example, last year alone, nearly 270,000 patients opted for liposuction, an increase of 3% over the previous year, making this surgery the second most sought after in the world, just behind breast surgery.
The most popular cosmetic plastic surgery procedures on the body are:
- If you have unwanted fat deposits that you can’t get rid of either through diet or exercise, then liposuction may help to give your body a more beautiful shape. Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries that does not solve the problem of overweight, but surgically removes the accumulation of adipose tissue in places where it is not possible to achieve in any other way, and the result is a change in the contour of the body.
- Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck is a procedure that treats overly droopy skin and stretched muscles in the abdomen area, mainly after a large increase or loss of body weight. The goal of the operation is to reduce the fatty tissue on the abdomen and form an aesthetically acceptable appearance – a flatter and tighter abdominal wall.
- In the case of large weight loss, surgically or naturally, patients lose body contours causing excess skin and general dissatisfaction. A set of surgical procedures called Body Contouring Surgery can restore a firmer, more sculpted body contour.
- Mommy makeover is a comprehensive term that refers to a combination of aesthetic body contouring procedures, which are performed to neutralize and minimize the physical changes that occur in pregnancy. Mummy makeover refers to a common group of surgical procedures, in the field of plastic cosmetic surgery, that many mothers look for after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Excess skin in the upper arm area cannot be solved with exercise or various cosmetic treatments. The procedure that very effectively removes excess skin and fat from the upper arms is called Brachioplasty or popularly called Arm Lift.
- A Thigh Lift is a surgical procedure that reduces the size of the thighs and removes loose skin typically after weight loss surgery or significant weight change.
- Labiaplasty or labia correction is a surgical procedure to reduce or reshape the labia minora in terms of achieving the previous appearance, which was altered by the influence of age, pregnancy, and other factors.
Recovery After Body Surgery
Aesthetic body corrections are individual, and as such result in individual recovery for each patient.
Body surgeries often involve several different individual surgical procedures combined into a single procedure. Some patients will undergo lighter and simpler procedures to achieve the desired appearance, while others will undergo more extensive surgery.
For this reason, it is impossible to estimate the time and severity of recovery for all patients.
Each body is different, and as such requires a different recovery but there are a few universal facts that apply to all plastic and aesthetic surgeries.
Most importantly, following the surgeon’s instructions can greatly determine recovery as successful, quick, and painless. Following these instructions will help you get back to your daily life and activities as soon as possible.
Also, if your surgeon schedules a follow up appointment, it is important that you attend it so that your surgeon can monitor your results and ensure a quick and stable recovery.
For more information on Body Surgery Recovery, you can visit our page with recovery instructions and guidelines to help you get your recovery going as smoothly as possible.
How Much is Body Surgery – Prices and Costs?
Some cosmetic Body Surgery procedures might fall under Medicare-covered procedures. As a rule, all procedures that have only an aesthetic character are not covered by health insurance, while those that impair the functionality of your body and life are mostly covered. It is important to consult with your provider to find out which procedures fall into the group of those funded by health insurance funds.
You can visit our pricing page to learn more about payment, approximate prices, payment methods, and more.
Further Reading – Medical References
- Cosmetic Procedures | American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Body Contouring | ASPS
- RealSelf – Body Procedures
Best Blogs About Body Surgery
- HOW LIPOSUCTION WORKS
- BINGO ARMS BE GONE – BRACHIOPLASTY ‘ARM LIFT’ PROCEDURES REMEDY SAGGY BAGGY ARMS
- TUMMY TUCK RECOVERY AFTER SURGERY
- 10 WAYS TUMMY TUCK SURGERY CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE
- LIPOSUCTION: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO LIPO SURGERY
FAQ About Body Surgery
Can you change your body shape with plastic surgery?
- Yes, thanks to various surgical treatments, it is possible to shape your body the way you want. Of course, there are certain assumptions that the patient must meet in order to achieve the desired result, but you can learn more about this in consultation with a plastic surgeon.
What is Full Body plastic surgery?
- Full Body Plastic Surgery would be a set of surgical processes, of wide extensiveness, by which the surgeon would change the appearance of your body to multiple areas in one process.
How much is full-body plastic surgery?
- The price itself is individual for each patient. It is recommended that you avoid offers that contain a fixed price for plastic surgery, as each procedure is individual.