Breast Reduction Surgery or ‘Boob Reduction’ is a life-changing experience for many patients who are tired of the physical and social discomforts involved with heavy, pendulous or very large breast volume.
Dr Richard Sackelariou is a top Breast Reduction Surgeon for Reduction Mammoplasty procedures, offering patients well-balanced, natural-looking and uplifted post-surgery results.
Breast Reduction Surgery helps you gain shapely and uplifted breasts that are either a BIT LESS heavy or a LOT LESS heavy than they currently are.
- The ultimate size choice AFTER surgery is up to you, but your breast and nipples will be in a more uplifted position after your procedure.
- Nipples can also be adapted in size, shape and position relative to the breast mound.
- Excess breast weight will be reduced, and your breasts ‘balanced and shaped’ so that your breasts will be more centrally located and more rounded (versus pendulous) on your chest wall/breast area.
Breast Reduction and Changes in Cup Size
What size should you consider when you’re having your breasts reduced through surgery?
Dr Sackelariou can help you understand your options in size changes after a breast reduction procedure. To help you choose which range of smaller breast size(s) will suit you best after a breast reduction procedure, he will ask you about your lifestyle, exercise habits and breast-size preferences during your initial consultation.
The main thing is that, after a Reduction Mammoplasty, you’ll likely find you will be able to move more freely and more comfortably wear different types of clothing, swimwear, gym wear/sports wear and bras. You may discover you’re wearing more fitted clothing or more colourful patterns of clothing, rather than trying to disguise the size of your breasts by wearing baggy clothing or solid, darker colours (or binding-garments, as some patients have admitted to wearing regularly before having a breast reduction procedure).
Every patient is unique – and size is a matter of personal choice.
While every woman has different ideals on the post-operation bra cup or breast size following a Breast Reduction procedure, many women choose to reduce their breasts to between a C cup to a D cup, depending on what they’re starting with and what they’re wanting in terms of post-surgery cup size results.
- However, this can vary tremendously from patient to patient.
- Your first consultation with Dr Sackelariou is a great opportunity to discuss your surgery goals and current breast concerns.
Breast Reduction Surgery may qualify for Medicare
Sometimes Breast Reduction is a cosmetic only procedure, but for many women, it’s a corrective procedure and may qualify for a medicare rebate.
Surgery can help reduce pain or skin chaffing, improve your posture, and make it easier to find a comfortable bra. Plus, going to the gym, swimming/surfing and even lifting the children or grandkids can be more comfortable with a more moderately-sized chest area vs having large, heavy, drooping breasts.
Reasons for Breast Reduction Surgery
Life isn’t easy for many women struggling to live with pendulous, large and very heavy breasts. Firstly, there’s finding comfortable clothing that looks good. Secondly, it can be socially awkward when others make insensitive comments. And finally, there are physical and postural impacts of having large breasts, such as suffering from neck pain, shoulder pain or back pain.
With large breast volume, it can be challenging to:
- stand up straight without neck pain
- exercise freely (running, gym classes, boxing, Body Balance or Yoga, for example)
- lift young children or grandchildren
- find bras that fit or offer adequate support – and still look attractive
- find clothing or swimwear that doesn’t emphasise the volume of the chest area
- deal with bra-strap dig-ins to the skin in the shoulder/bra strap area
- manage back, neck or shoulder pain resulting from having very large or very heavy breasts
Get the Breast Reduction Surgery guide!
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery
Reduction of the breasts is an extremely popular surgery because it provides freedom of movement and helps reduce physical pain (neck pain, shoulder pain and back pain), social discomfort and clothing limitations of having very large breasts.
To arrange a consultation in Melbourne or Sydney with an expert Surgeon who performs well-balanced, natural-looking Breast Reduction procedures, phone or email us today to arrange a consultation and assessment with Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Richard Sackelariou.
It’s very helpful to ask for a GP referral before you come, especially if you are suffering from a physical condition caused by large, heavy breasts or breast ptosis.
What is a Breast Reduction surgery procedure?
- It is a surgical procedure involving the reduction of the size AND weight of overly large breasts; along with surgical repositioning and reshaping of the nipple and breast mound – which takes the form of a Breast Lift along with the Reduction (all Reductions include a breast and nipple lift).
- Breast Reduction surgery removes excess tissues including excess breast fat, redundant glandular tissue and drooping, sagging redundant breast skin to achieve a breast SIZE, SHAPE and POSITION that is more proportionate and balanced to a patient’s body.
Does a Breast Reduction improve your health?
- Some women have better health and a better quality of life having a breast reduction.
- It can improve health by providing FREEDOM and ABILITY to exercise more regularly; while reducing back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and skin chafing or skin infection problems caused by skin-on-skin under the breasts (or excess sweating under or around the breasts).
- A Breast Reduction can also alleviate social discomforts experienced by some women who have fuller, heavy breast volumes.
It can often be life-changing surgery for women who have experienced restriction to their movement, social discomfort and physical pain throughout their lives because of the size of their breasts.
Benefits of a Breast Reduction may include:
- experiencing less frequent back pain/shoulder pain or neck pain
- better posture/less slumping (better balance during sports or yoga may also occur for some women)
- the freedom to wear different types of clothing and bras, lingerie or swimwear
- an ability to sleep, walk/run, dance and exercise more comfortably
- feeling lighter and/or less encumbered
- looking as if you’ve lost weight
As a bonus, for SOME patients (but not all), a Breast Reduction can leave you feeling more body-confident AND less self-conscious in social situations like when you’re undressing or undressed, including being intimate.
Breast Reduction Surgery may help you to:
- Reduce the volume and the weight of your breasts.
- Shape the breasts more harmoniously/roundly and more uplifted on the chest wall.
- Reposition and/or resize your nipples to a more central location proportional to the new breast size.
- Even up asymmetry (differences between the right breast and the left breast) if breasts are uneven.
- Provide relief from skin infections, chaffing or bra-straps digging in.
- Reduce shoulder pain, neck pain or back pain.
- Reduce social discomforts.
Breast Reduction Surgery is a complex Surgery
We recommend you should only trust an experienced, qualified Plastic Surgeon to perform this procedure and avoid less trained doctors who do NOT have a FRACS qualification/recognition as being a Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
Dr Sackelariou goes above and beyond a traditional Breast Reduction to help get you an overall improvement in your upper body curves. By reducing excess breast skin, breast tissues and volume/weight, and uplifting the breasts and nipples to attain an aesthetically balanced, physique-compatible breast size and shape, you’ll discover the breast shape and cup volume size that you’ve been desiring for many years.
Choosing the BEST Breast Reduction Surgery Option for You
- There are several surgery options and incision approaches to Breast Reduction Surgery, including the Le Jour or ‘Lollipop’ Incision and the Anchor Incision methods.
- Dr Sackelariou often uses advanced Le Jour techniques for Breast Reduction surgery, taking great care to minimise your post-surgery scars when possible and helping protect the function of the nipple (Areola).
- But all surgery has risks and potential complications, so be sure you read the materials given to you before proceeding (there is never an obligation to proceed with surgery after a consultation, but it’s a great way to start your Plastic Surgery process).
About Dr Richard Sackelariou Plastic Surgeon
Dr Richard Sackelariou MBBS FRACS(Plas) is a Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria and Sydney, Australia.
He is a highly sought-after Plastic Surgeon for precision procedures like nose reshaping, tummy tucks, breast surgery including transaxillary incision methods, implant removal/replacement and Breast Lift procedures,
He is particularly known for his signature surgeries – neck lift, facelift and eyelid rejuvenation procedures. He also performs expert cosmetic injections for facial rejuvenation.
Patient’s love his caring manner, his dedication to excellence and his extensive expertise in surgical planning for a natural-looking, harmonious result.
Next Steps – Book a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou
If you are considering reconstructive plastic or cosmetic surgery then Dr Richard is the specialist plastic surgeon for you. Dr Sackelariou can assist you in achieving your desired image, helping restore you to a more youthful or confident self.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION
- A Referral from your GP or from your specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a cosmetic consultation without a GP Referral although no Medicare rebates are claimable without one.
- You can schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $300 consult fee in advance.
- Email us below or Call to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR SURGEON CONSULTATION
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
WANT MORE INFORMATION BEFORE SCHEDULING YOUR SURGEON CONSULTATION?
If you would like to know more about how Dr Richard can help you, please contact us today.
Phone Melbourne 1300 264 811 or Sydney 1300 661 362 to enquire or request a consultation.