Male Breast Reduction Surgery in Melbourne or Sydney
Male Breast Reduction or Gynecomastia – more commonly known as male breasts or man boobs – is a common condition. Causes for male breasts can include being overweight, the use of steroids and hormonal imbalances. Once your hormone levels have been checked, correction of male breasts is, fortunately, a very straight forward and successful surgery.
Dr Richard Sackelariou is a leading plastic surgeon for Gynecomastia surgery in Melbourne and Sydney helping patients seeking a more streamlined looking chest. With over 20 years of experience, he is a calm, caring and precise surgeon.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery for Gynecomastia or Man Boobs is commonly sought by men who want to restore their chest area to a flatter, more traditionally masculine-looking chest.
Who can Benefit from Reduction Surgery?
We commonly see three types of patients for “Gyno” or Gynecomastia
Younger men often have firmer, denser tissues and the breast may need a combination of surgeries to completely remove the offending, protruding tissue.
Post Weightloss Patients
After losing weight, many men find that stubborn, fatty deposits remain on their chests, forming the dreaded “man boob”. This can often easily be solved with Male Breast Reduction surgeries.
The ageing process and gravity can cause sagging of the skin on the chest and cause the development of fatty deposits that can cause the male breast condition. This can often be easily treated with surgery to give you back your youthful look.
Regain Your Confidence with Gynecomastia Surgery
Whether you are old or young, male breasts can be embarrassing and uncomfortable. You feel uncomfortable taking your shirt off in public and feel generally unattractive. It may also affect the comfort of the clothing you wear.
Many men even avoid certain physical activities, or even avoid dating, due to their embarrassment. Male Breast Reduction surgery can help you regain your confidence today and give you a more youthful, attractive body.
Real Patient Male Breast Reduction Before and After Photos
How is Breast Reduction Surgery done?
- Male Breast Reduction is usually performed using a combination of surgical excisions and liposuction techniques.
- The procedure generally involves surgery under general anaesthesia. Flattening and shaping the breasts can take about 90 minutes or more.
- The procedure can usually be performed in less than one hour.
- This usually a Lower-half peri-areola incision, removal of breast tissue, then some delicate liposuction to even out the area and flatten the broader chest area, and below the skin – where there’s a lot of thicker tissue – bring up flaps to prevent nipple sticking to muscle.
Download our Male Breast Reduction Guide
Recovery after Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Recovery and downtime tending to take less than 2 weeks for most patients (one week off of work to rest, one week.
- You’ll wear a binder/binding garment for about 6 weeks after surgery.
- After surgery, you’ll need to avoid heavy lifting, strenuous exercise for about a month.
- You can usually drive and walk after day 1.
- Most often you can Go back to work after 1 week.
- You Can resume Gym, swim, pilates, yoga at about a month. Golf for around 6 weeks.
- Contact sports & rock climbing usually at about 3 months post-surgery.
Minimising Scars after Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Scars are normally minimal for many patients, who prefer to be able to wear fitted shirts without protruding breasts or who seek to feel more confident when going shirt-less during summer.
- Expert surgeons can minimise scars using special surgical techniques
If you’re considering Male Breast Reduction Surgery surgery for Gynaecomastia in Sydney or Melbourne organise a consultation to find out ALL your options – surgical and liposuction.