Learn more about male breast reduction surgery today.
How is Breast Reduction Surgery done?
- Male Breast Reduction is usually performed using a combination of surgical excisions and liposuction techniques.
- The procedure generally involves surgery under general anaesthesia.
- In general, flattening and shaping the breasts can take about 90 minutes or more.
- However, the procedure can usually be performed in less than one hour.
- This usually involves a Lower-half peri-areola incision, removal of breast tissue, then some delicate liposuction to even out the area and flatten the broader chest area, and below the skin – where there’s a lot of thicker tissue – bring up flaps to prevent nipple sticking to muscle.
Recovery after Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Recovery and downtime tend to take less than 2 weeks for most patients.
- You’ll wear a binder/binding garment for about 6 weeks after surgery.
- After surgery, you’ll need to avoid heavy lifting, strenuous exercise for about a month.
- You can usually walk around after day 1.
- In general, patients are able to go back to work after 1 week.
- However, you will need to wait approximately 1 month before you are able to resume gym workouts, swimming, pilates and yoga.
- Furthermore, you will need to wait 6 weeks before you are able to resume golf.
- Contact sports and rock climbing usually at about 3 months post-surgery.
Minimising Scars after Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Scars are normally minimal for many patients, who prefer to be able to wear fitted shirts without protruding breasts or who seek to feel more confident when going shirt-less during summer.
- Expert surgeons can minimise scars using special surgical techniques
If you’re considering Male Breast Reduction Surgery surgery for Gynaecomastia in Sydney or Melbourne organise a consultation to find out ALL your options – surgical and liposuction.
About Dr Richard Sackelariou Plastic Surgeon
Dr Richard Sackelariou MBBS FRACS(Plas) is a Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria and Sydney, Australia.
Dr Sackelariou is a highly sought-after Plastic Surgeon for precision procedures like nose reshaping, tummy tucks, breast surgery including transaxillary incision methods, implant removal/replacement and Breast Lift procedures.
He is particularly known for his signature surgeries – neck lift, facelift and eyelid rejuvenation procedures. He also performs expert cosmetic injections for facial rejuvenation.
Patients love his caring manner, his dedication to excellence and his extensive expertise in surgical planning for a natural-looking, harmonious result.
Book a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou in Melbourne or Sydney. A caring discussion with a Plastic Surgeon about all your options can really help. The best thing is to start with a phone enquiry and consider having a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou. Try the Free Nose Simulation Tool.