Chin Implants: Did Marilyn Monroe Have Chin Augmentation?
Your chin has a significant impact on your overall facial appearance. A strong-looking chin and jawline can improve perceptions of attractiveness for men and women. A weak-looking, recessed chin or receding jawline, on the other hand, tends to impede perceptions of upper and lower facial symmetry and can readily detract from your appearance.
Recessed chins or weak-looking jawlines can leave some individuals feeling self-conscious about their appearance.
- Having a weak-looking, recessed chin can leave your face looking imbalanced
- Your lips and smile may appear uneven or ‘overly toothy’
- People may make instant judgements about appearances or personalities (first impressions) based on their interpretations of a weak-looking chin
But there are TWO potential Chin Augmentation options that tend to be recommended by Plastic Surgeons for individuals who have recessed “retracted” chin structures.
Modern treatment options for a recessed Chin include:
- Temporary Solution (Non-Surgical) – Chin Augmentation using non-surgical facial volumisers (dermal filler injections to the chin and/or jawline to temporarily augment existing structures) – for subtle chin augmentation for slightly recessed chins; and/or
- Longer-Term Chin Augmentation Surgery – Chinplant procedures using Medpor Chin Implants to create a stronger looking chin dimension and chin shape, which impacts the jawline in an aesthetically enhancing manner – for more lasting and significant chin augmentation to address more serious degrees of genetic chin retraction.
Chin Implant Surgery to correct for a recessed chin is also known as a CHINPLANT procedure.
Sometimes a “CHINPLANT” procedure will benefit from additional shaping with Cosmetic Dermal Filler Injections, or a combined chin augmentation with a neck or jaw area surgery such as a neck lift, facelift or double-chin injections to reduce sub-mental area fat bulges.
Celebrities who benefited from CHIN AUGMENTATION procedures include Marilyn Monroe, according to photographs and medical records.
Marilyn Monroe was believed to have had a Chin Augmentation according to several surveyed Plastic Surgeons (and there were news stories after she died, indicating she did benefit from a stronger looking chin and firmer jawline).
Read Allure’s article on Marilyn Monroe’s Medical Records and Facial X-Rays or the Daily Mail’s article speculating Marilyn Monroe had a cartilage-based chin implant (these days, Medpor is one of the high quality chin implant options for chin augmentation to strengthen a chin and jawline).
Did Marilyn Monroe have chin surgery to augment her lower face and jawline? Did it complement her looks? Many expert Plastic Surgeons think so.
Look at these photographs and decide for yourself.
Options to treat a retruded chin or weak-looking jawline: Chin Surgery and Alternatives
Contouring Makeup to Enhance the Chin or Jawline for treating a recessed chin
- Contouring makeup can sometimes help people disguise feature imbalances.
- But with contouring makeup strategies, it’s easier to reduce the appearance of a feature than to significantly add to it’s proportions using highlighter.
- Has limited effect on moderate to severely retruded chins.
Dermal Filler Chin and Jawline Augmentation (Facial Volumisation)
- Chin injections using dermal filler may also help enhance the chin.
- The jawline as well as the chin may be augmented using dermal filler for suitable candidates.
- This non-surgical alternative is well worth exploring; but typically this method will only be suitable for mild cases of chin recession.
- Phone Dr Sackelariou’s office for an assessment of your suitability for Cosmetic Injections by a skilled Plastic Surgeon.
With a recessed chin, surgical chin augmentation using an implant is usually recommended as a solution for individuals who are concerned about the impact of a weak-looking chin on their appearance.
A strong chin and defined jawline go a long way to enhance the appearance of men and women equally.
The chin augmentation or chin projection dimensions, however, may be adjusted to suit the face and to either enhance the masculinity of a face or feminise the face, taking into account the individual’s existing anatomy, identity and preferences.
No Scars on the Face When a Chin Implant is Inserted through Incisions in the Mouth
Chin Implant surgery has another unexpected benefit. It’s one of the rare Face Surgery procedures where facial scars after surgery are NOT a primary concern for patients.
That’s because with Chin Implant Surgery performed by expert Plastic Surgeon, Dr Richard Sackelariou in Melbourne or Sydney, advanced surgical techniques are used to insert the implant.
There are various strategies that can be used to avoid or reduce face area scarring during chin augmentation surgery.
- Insertion of the chin implant through the mouth can avoid face area scars but requires a highly skilled Surgeon (look for AHPRA and FRACS recognition as a genuine Specialist Plastic Surgeon).
- This insertion technique will tend to leave no visible scars on the surface of you chin, neck or face.
- If you combine a chin implant with other facial procedures, such as an Eyelid Lift or Facelift, then you may have other surgical scars.
Chin Injections vs Chin Augmentation via Implants
Non-Surgical Chin Augmentation and Surgical Chin Implant options are available for Men and Women who want to treat a Receding Chin.
Find out whether dermal filler injections to the chin OR chin implants are going to be your better choice for facial enhancements of a receding chin or retracted chin area/jawline.
Retracted, Recessed Chin Proportions Impact Your Entire Facial Appearance from the FRONT and SIDE.
When is Chin Augmentation recommended by a Plastic Surgeon?
What leads people to explore their Chin Augmentation Surgery OR the Dermal Filler Injection alternatives to chin implants?
Your chin appearance impacts not only your smile and lower face – but your overall facial appearance from every angle. The questions to ask yourself before booking a consultation include:
- Have you seen your chin in photographs or 3D imaging from the front, the side or the 3/4 side-angle?
- Does your chin seem to fade into a single diagonal line from your lower lip to your lower neck?
- Do you have what’s technically called a retruded chin anatomy (a recessed chin)?
- Have you struggled to bring your upper and lower lips together easily, due to the chin being retracted or recessed – and has this led to a larger, muscly-looking lower lip?
- Are you self-conscious about your facial appearance and wish you had a stronger looking chin and jawline?
If YES, it might be worth asking Melbourne and Sydney Plastic Surgeon, Dr Richard Sackelariou, for recommendations for Chin Implant Surgery or other forms of Jawline and Chin Augmentation, such as Dermal Filler/Cosmetic Injections for the chin and jawline.
Dr Sackelariou is also a Rhinoplasty surgery expert including for Asian Rhinoplasty.
Why Some People Ask for Chin Augmentation Recommendations for a Recessed Chin (Filler Injections or Surgical Chin Implants)
- If you are unhappy or self-conscious about your recessed chin appearance – or you have a muscly-looking lower lip, you may want to research your chin augmentation options with an experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
- If you want the appearance benefits of a more defined looking chin area to combat weak-looking chin proportions, you might begin to research your cosmetic treatment options.
- If your face looks ‘chinless’ or your lower face appears diminished in projection, compared to the proportions of your upper face including cheekbones, you might want to investigate the INS and OUTS of chin augmentation and jawline enhancement procedures.
Recommendation: Choose a FRACS recognised Specialist Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in facial implant surgery and other facial procedures for your Chin Augmentation Consultation.
Dr Richard Sackelariou, Specialist Plastic Surgeon. He’s an approachable, honest Surgeon with excellent communication skills and a dedication to high-level patient care standards. With Dr Sackelariou’s precision planning and high-level surgical skills, you can enhance your chin to get the facial balance you’ve been missing all these years.
Chin Implant Surgery: Consultations with one of Australia’s most talented Plastic Surgeons.
The first step to chin augmentation surgery or cosmetic injections is to arrange a confidential appointment with Dr Richard Sackelariou in either his Melbourne (03) 8849 1444 or Sydney location (02) 9362 0676.
During this consultation, you’ll be asked about your medical history, prior facial surgeries, and which concerns have led you to seek a surgical solution. There is no obligation to proceed with surgery but you’ll have a far better idea about what’s involved with chin implant procedures.
An expert Plastic Surgeon in Chin Augmentation procedures, via plastic surgery and/or dermal filler volumisers, can give you details about the PROS and CONS of chin injections vs Medpor chin implants for enhancing the chin proportions.
Choosing the right Chin Augmentation option for your concerns may help you:
- gain a stronger looking chin or jawline
- improve your feature harmony and facial balance
- enjoy improved facial aesthetics including an enhanced smile
Phone us today to ask for a confidential consultation to explore your options for:
- Chin Filler Injections
- Chin Augmentation Surgery
- Combining results of a Chin Augmentation with Lip Lift Surgery or a Facelift or Eyelid Lift
We use Medpor Chin Implants to perform what’s commonly called a CHINPLANT Plastic Surgery procedure.
Every patient is unique and an assessment is the only true way to understand our options. However, phone our Patient Care Team on (03) 8849 1444 and if you’d like to send photographs, they may be able to guide you on who to visit with at either our Coco Ruby Injecting Clinic in Melbourne, or the Plastic Surgery clinic in Hawthorn East or Double Bay Sydney.
If we believe you may be better served by meeting with a Plastic Surgeon, we’ll recommend that you see Dr Richard Sackelariou, our team’s “Chinplant” Plastic Surgeon for Chin Augmentation with chin implants via surgical means (but no visible scars).