How to Fund Your Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery
There are 5 Different Ways to Fund or Use a Payment Plan for Your Plastic Or Cosmetic Surgery.
1. Start a Special Purpose Savings Fund
Firstly, there is a range of special-purpose savings accounts available, including ING, Bankwest, ME Bank, St George, HSBC and Westpac Bank.
Visit Finder to compare interest rates and use a savings calculator to find the best savings accounts.
2. Use an Interest-Free or Low-Interest Credit Card
Secondly, some banks offer ‘Interest-Free’ periods or ‘Low-Interest Rate’ credit cards as an alternative to medical finance firms.
You can visit Credit Card Finder to review credit card rates and conditions.
3. Reduce Your Home Loan Interest by Using Your Mortgage to Save Up
Thirdly, you can save on home loan interest by paying down your home mortgage and then redrawing funds from your early payments when you’re ready to have your surgery.
4. Withdrawing From Your Super Fund to Pay for Surgery
Another option is withdrawing from your super fund, you can do this by applying through the Australian Tax Office (ATO) government process, Superannuation Funds can sometimes be accessed early to pay for life-changing surgery.
However, this is not an option for all surgery, it is likely to apply to Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck), Breast Reduction, Body Contouring or Skin Reduction after significant weight loss or Bariatric Surgery, and Eyelid Surgery.
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) will assess Early Super Fund Access applications for medical procedures that treat life-threatening illnesses or chronic pain. The final decision, however, will be made by your Super Fund. Find out more by visiting the Super for Surgery page
5. Medical Payment Plans and Finance
Lastly, you can google “medical finance companies” and get payment plans from companies like TLC – Total Lifestyle Credit or Medipay.
*Financial Disclaimer – Our Practice is NOT a credit provider. Moreover, we do NOT receive any rebates or commissions from ANY credit suppliers. All finance and credit providers are independent, external companies. Furthermore, we DO NOT provide financial advice. You will need to consider your own financial circumstances when deciding if finance is suitable for you and make a decision that is in your best interest.
Can I have a Payment Plan for Surgery?
Pre-Payment Before Your Surgery
- Surgery Savings Plans.
- A special-purpose savings fund may be a good option for patients who want to save up the funds to pay for their surgery before having their operation.
- To save on mortgage interest, you can also choose to pay your mortgage ‘down’ in advance; then redraw funds from your early payments when you’re ready to have your surgery.
- Make Pre-payments with the practice.
- You are welcome to pre-pay your account at the practice by making a series of smaller payments as a payment plan before your surgery.
Payment Plan After Your Surgery
- There are Payment Plans available from Medical Credit and Finance Providers (below).
- Yes, Quality Plastic Surgery can be costly, we don’t cut corners when it comes to patient safety and we strive to provide optimal results.
- There are a number of reputable external independent finance companies that may be able to help some surgery patients who do NOT have the funds to pay for their surgery up-front.
- Google “Medical Finance Companies” or TLC Total Lifestyle Credit or Medipay.
Surgery Payment Solutions and Financing for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
TLC (Total Lifestyle Credit)
Total lifestyle credit provides payment plan solutions to suit your unique needs for Medical and Cosmetic Treatments. Funding from $2,001 – $50,000.
Total Lifestyle Credit (TLC) fund all Medical/Cosmetic treatments and out of pocket costs
– Payment plans from $2,000 to $50,000 – covering all dental fees
– No stress – the whole process is managed privately by TLC Consultants
– Fast efficient approvals, simply apply online
Simply complete your info by visiting the ‘Total Lifestyle Credit’ website
Easy Payment Plan for Medical and Dental Procedures.
- A range of Payment Plans available.
- No stress – the whole application process is completed with an easy online application form with a decision within 60 minutes.
- No hidden fees or charges.
- Fast efficient approvals, simply apply online.
Go to the MediPay website for an application