Nose Tip Rhinoplasty or ‘Mini Nose Job’ – A Less Invasive Nose Surgery
- Unsightly nose tip?
- Bulbous nose?
- Nose tip out of proportion?
What is Nose Tip Rhinoplasty?
Nose Tip Rhinoplasty, mini nose job or Tipoplasty is a less invasive surgery that can help to refine your nose shape. Your nasal tip is the focal point of your face and, hence, can impact the overall balance and symmetry of your facial proportions. If the shape of your nose tip is your primary concern when it comes to the appearance of your nose, there may be a less invasive surgical alternative to a Full Rhinoplasty.
Dr Richard Sackelariou is a Nose Surgery expert and Specialist Plastic Surgeon located in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.
A Tip Rhinoplasty can make some aesthetic improvements to your nasal tip using less invasive surgery techniques. These refinements will essentially enhance your nasal proportions to achieve a more balanced appearance. Find out more about this procedure, and whether you may be a good candidate below.
Benefits Of Nasal Tip Rhino or Tipoplasty
- Surgical corrections that Tip Rhinoplasty can achieve include:
- Lifting of a drooping nose tip
- Sculpting of a bulbous or wide tip
- Rebalancing of nostrils
- Nostril flare reduction
- revision of a previous rhinoplasty
- straightening of an undesirable curve
Nose Tip Surgery Requires A Highly Skilled Surgical Approach – We recommend consulting with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon who can give you honest advice about what can and cannot be achieved through tip-only rhinoplasty procedures.
Are You A Candidate For Nose Surgery?
Questions to consider before having Nose Tip Surgery
- Have you been thinking about getting a “nose job or rhinoplasty” for as long as you can remember?
- Are you self-conscious about your hooked, crooked or bulbous nose?
- Do your nostrils flare slightly, making your nose look wide?
- Is your nose or your nostrils notably asymmetrical, which leaves your whole face looking a bit off-balance?
If you answered YES to the above questions, you may be a good candidate for a Tip Rhinoplasty surgery.
Not everyone is a good candidate for Nose Tip Surgery, with this type of procedure only suitable for a smaller percentage of patients. Most patients will require a more complex nose surgery that also can refine the structure, shape, size or length of the entire nose.
the best candidates for successful tip rhinoplasty often:
- have facial anatomy deemed suitable for nose surgery or tip refinement.
- are adults or ‘fully grown’.
- do not smoke.
- have nose appearance concerns that are confined to only the nose tip area only.
- are in good physical health.
- have clear, realistic expectations about what surgery can achieve.
- are self-conscious about the appearance of their nose tip only.
Do I need just the TIP Or A Full Rhinoplasty?
If you also answer YES to the following questions, you may require a more complex FULL Rhinoplasty procedure:
- Do you find you have sleep apnea or trouble breathing easily?
- Does your nose have a bump on it well above the tip area?
- Is your nose crooked from tip to bridge?
- Have you been diagnosed as having a deviated septum or nose-related snoring?
To be a good candidate for any Rhinoplasty, you must also hold realistic expectations about what surgery can achieve.
Realistic expectations are paramount and this means you’ll want to discover what potential changes will do to your overall appearance. It’s not always easy to visualise these changes, but there is some imaging and photography modification that can help.
We offer 3D imaging using photography modifications or Crisolix and Vectra technology to help you understand what a change to your nose tip might look like after surgery. However, it’s important to note that these are not 100% accurate and many factors may influence your results.
Download our Nose Job Surgery Guide
About The Tip Rhinoplasty Surgical Procedure
How does a tip procedure differ from a normal Rhinoplasty?
Nose Tip Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which specifically aims to create a symmetrical nasal tip with the right projection, rotation and proportion to other parts of the nose. Leaving the bone structure of the nose intact, in a Tip Rhinoplasty, a Plastic Surgeon reshapes or removes excess cartilage from the nose tip. Your chosen Surgeon may then refine or lift your nose tip and/or refine your nostrils.
This type of nose reshaping procedure can be as effective as a normal Rhinoplasty if the patient is a good candidate, and when other parts of the nose are satisfactory in appearance and will not be impacted by the nose tip changes.
Nose Tip surgery is considered to be a less invasive nose reshaping method when compared to a Full Rhinoplasty due to:
The procedure typically will not take as long to perform as a Full Rhinoplasty.
Therefore, you will be under anaesthetic for a shorter time.
You will generally experience shorter healing and recovery times, especially if you follow recommended post-op icing protocols.
A Tip Rhinoplasty is still considered a significant surgical procedure and will typically be performed using general Anaesthesia. However, you can expect to experience considerably less downtime than a traditional Full Rhinoplasty which involves the reshaping of numerous bones and cartilage.
Risks and Complications of Nose Surgery
Does nose tip surgery have fewer risks than full Rhinoplasty?
A Nose Tip procedure still involves risks, like with any serious surgery, and you are likely to experience some swelling and bruising post-surgery.
Perhaps, but not always. A Nose Tip procedure is slightly less invasive than a full bridge rhinoplasty, as it may not include:
- Septoplasty (a procedure to correct a deviated septum).
- Open techniques (surgical approach involving an incision in the columella between the nostrils and additional incisions inside the nose).
- Bridge adjustments.
Your nose is a crucial organ involved in numerous body processes, including breathing, immunity responses and olfactory functions. That is why it is imperative that you seek an expert surgeon when exploring your nose top surgery options.
Recovery after a Tipoplasty Nose Surgery
Is Recovery Time For A Nose Tip Surgery Quicker Than With A Full Rhinoplasty?
Because Tip Rhinoplasty involves reshaping only cartilage and none of the underlying bones, surgery time is typically shorter than a Full Rhinoplasty. Bruising and swelling will often occur with any Rhinoplasty, but is comparatively minimal for some patients with a nose tip refinement surgery versus a traditional rhinoplasty, which involves more extensive downtime and healing time.
The changes after healing from a nose tip surgery are often subtle, but you won’t risk looking “overdone” or drastically different. However, because swelling of the nose resolves slowly, including in the nasal tip, it can take up to 6 months to a year or even longer for all swelling to disappear.
In saying that, with a Tip Rhinoplasty, you can typically return to work after approximately 1-2 weeks. This can, however, vary depending on your particular procedure.
You can aid healing during recovery by:
- Limiting salt intake.
- Keeping your head elevated.
- Using ice compresses.
- Taking any prescribed antibiotics.
- Following your Surgeon’s post-op instructions and icing methods.
Cost Of Tip Rhinoplasty
The cost of Rhinoplasty surgery is customised and you will be given a price for surgery in a detailed quote after your first consultation. This will include a Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee and the hospital fees.
If you are entitled, this information on Rhinoplasty Medicare Rebates may be helpful. Also Private Health Insurance tips and different methods of payment available for you to pay for your surgery.
About Dr Richard Sackelariou Plastic Surgeon
Dr Richard Sackelariou MBBS FRACS(Plas) is a Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria and Sydney, Australia.
He is a highly sought-after Plastic Surgeon for precision procedures like nose reshaping, tummy tucks, breast surgery including transaxillary incision methods, implant removal/replacement and Breast Lift procedures,
He is particularly known for his signature surgeries – neck lift, facelift and eyelid rejuvenation procedures. He also performs expert cosmetic injections for facial rejuvenation.
Patient’s love his caring manner, his dedication to excellence and his extensive expertise in surgical planning for a natural-looking, harmonious result.
Next Steps – Book a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou
If you are considering reconstructive plastic or cosmetic surgery then Dr Richard is the specialist plastic surgeon for you. Dr Sackelariou can assist you in achieving your desired image, helping restore you to a more youthful or confident self.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION
- A Referral from your GP or from your specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a cosmetic consultation without a GP Referral although no Medicare rebates are claimable without one.
- You can schedule a confidential consultation with your selected Specialist Surgeon by paying the $300 consult fee in advance.
- Email us below or Call to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR SURGEON CONSULTATION
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- You may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes
WANT MORE INFORMATION BEFORE SCHEDULING YOUR SURGEON CONSULTATION?
If you would like to know more about how Dr Richard can help you, please contact us today.
Phone Melbourne 1300 264 811 or Sydney 1300 661 362 to enquire or request a consultation.