What Happens at Your First Consultation with Dr Richard Sakelariou – Plastic Surgeon in Sydney and Melbourne
A formal consultation with Dr Richard Sackelariou is an essential step before any surgical procedure can be planned. The first consultation can be done either virtually as an online virtual teleheath consultation or in-person at the clinic.
What can I expect at my initial meeting with Dr Richard?
At your initial appointment with your surgeon you will typically:
- Spend time with your surgeon and nurse/patient coordinator
- Have your photos taken
- Have a physical examination by the surgeon
- See photos of past patient results
- Find out more about your recommended surgical options
- Receive detailed information about your surgery
- Go through the possible complications and risks of surgery
- Begin Vectra 3D imaging, modelling and sizing options (for some procedures)
- Find out about surgery pricing and available dates
- Ask any other questions you may have
Please allow up to 1.5 hours for your initial appointment
It is very important to establish a strong relationship with your surgeon prior to any surgery. You will spend time with both your surgeon and patient care coordinator/nurse at your first appointment.
We strongly recommended you bring a supportive friend or relative along with you to help you think about all the information and discuss your surgical options.
TIP: If you progress with surgery, a second consultation is usually needed for customisation and planning purposes, as well as to review the surgery details, schedules, risks and consent forms, and photographs. That second consultation is included in your surgery package price (but there may be a limit on time if you have surgery far in advance of your first consultation).
After Your Consultation
- Following your appointment with Dr Sackelariou, you will feel that you have a good understanding of the procedure and its likely benefits and potential outcomes along with its possible risks.
- This will enable you to make an informed decision as to whether you would like to proceed with the surgery.
- You’ll also get a detailed Surgical Quote with Procedure Costs
- A detailed estimate of costs will be prepared for you and can usually be given to you on the day.
- This will cover the surgeon’s fee and estimates for the hospital/theatre and any other costs.
- For more information about Prices & Payment Methods – visit the Prices page.
Your Consultation Fee
The fee for your appointment with Dr Sackelariou is $300 for an online/virtual or in-person consultation. It is typically paid at the time of booking the appointment, by credit card.