Cosmetic Surgery Recovery after Plastic Surgery in Australia
Recovery after surgery is not only part of the surgery process but it’s a crucial part. It’s vital you follow your surgeon’s advice and use common sense during your recovery to ensure you get the best results possible. The following information is general in nature and is NOT a substitute for medical advice.
The length of a patients recovery varies depending on multiple factors, including;
- Overall health
- Procedure or Procedures being performed
- Extend of the surgery
- Skin condition
- And more.
Post Operative Patient Recovery information/Tips
Trying to rush through the recovery process (however long) not only compromises your results and scarring but it can also lengthen your recovery and your pain. Below are some general tips when it comes to recovery after cosmetic surgery;
- Wear appropriate Support garments (when applicable) for the period your surgeon tells you to.
- It’s also important the rest of your clothing is appropriate. For example;
- If you have just undergone nose or face surgery you don’t want to be pulling jumpers over your head and possibly knocking your sensitive, tender skin. Wearing a zip-up or button-up is far more comfortable and safe.
- Alternatively, if you have had skin reduction surgery or a tummy tuck, you can’t wear jeans or tight-fitting pants.
- Get enough rest. When we sleep and rest our bodies can focus on healing and recovery.
- Sleep in the correct position. Some surgeries will require you to sleep in certain positions. This may seem strange and annoying but certain sleeping positions can cause serious issues during healing.
- Do not overexert yourself too soon.
- Eat well and stay hydrated. Fuelling your body with healthy iron-rich food and not high sodium or high-fat foods optimises your bodies healing abilities.
- Do not smoke, drink or take drugs during your recovery.
- Go for light, slow, short walks, even if it’s just around your house or up your driveway, this helps prevent blood clots.
- Wait until your surgeon gives you the all-clear before resuming any other physical activity.
- Keep any incisions dry and clean
For Surgery in Melbourne with Dr Sackelariou
If you would like more information regarding recovery after surgery you can download the guides below;
This page contains general Cosmetic Surgery Recovery tips and information in relation to having cosmetic plastic surgery. It is general in nature and does NOT constitute medical advice. Be sure you follow the recommended post-operative patient instructions provided directly by Dr Sackelariou, contact us if you would like more information or if you have questions or concerns.
About Dr Richard Sackelariou Plastic Surgeon
Dr Richard Sackelariou MBBS FRACS(Plas) is a Specialist Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria and Sydney, Australia.
Dr Sackelariou is a highly sought-after Plastic Surgeon for precision procedures like nose reshaping, tummy tucks, breast surgery including transaxillary incision methods, implant removal/replacement and Breast Lift procedures.
His signature surgeries include – neck lift, facelift and eyelid rejuvenation procedures. He also performs expert cosmetic injections for facial rejuvenation.
Patients love his caring manner, his dedication to excellence and his extensive expertise in surgical planning for a natural-looking, harmonious result.
Book a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou in Melbourne or Sydney. A caring discussion with a Plastic Surgeon about all your options can really help. The best thing is to start with a phone enquiry and consider having a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou. Try the Free Nose Simulation Tool.