Virtual Consultation for Elective and Cosmetic Surgery with Dr Richard Sackelariou Specialist Plastic Surgeon
As an existing or new patient you can have a VIRTUAL VIDEO consultation to discuss your concerns and procedure.
Wanting to have plastic surgery for any reason is a big decision. You need to be well-informed about your surgical options so our team can work closely with you through each step of the process, from pre-op to your final follow-up visit. Dr Richard Sackelariou is committed to helping you with your surgical journey, starting with your first enquiry with our clinic. That is why we are now offering patients a Virtual Consultation.
Plastic surgery is a personal and life-changing step, with many aspects to consider. We aim to provide you with all the information you need to make informed, educated decisions.
Virtual Consultation FAQ’s
HOW MUCH DOES A CONSULTATION COST?
$300. This covers the following:
- a pre-consult call with a Patient Liaison Team member
- a virtual consultation with a Dr Richard Sackelariou Specialist Plastic Surgeon
- Followed by a face to face consult when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted in our practice
WHAT DO I USE ON MY PHONE OR LAPTOP TO DO THE VIRTUAL CONSULT?
Dr Sackelariou is using Facetime, Skype and Zoom for virtual video consultations or a normal phone call if you prefer. You will be contacted by the team and sent a Zoom meeting link if required.
HOW LONG DOES A VIRTUAL CONSULTATION LAST?
- Our consultations will range from 30-60 minutes in length depending on the procedure/s you are wanting to discuss.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL?
- You do not need a referral for an online virtual consultation but it is recommended for in-person consultations.
DO I STILL NEED TO SEE THE SURGEON IN PERSON?
- Yes. Dr Sackelariou will see all of the ‘Virtual’ consulted patients for an ‘In-Person’ consultation to provide a physical examination and measurements along with sizing (if applicable) and clinical photos. Once restrictions are lifted we will be contacting all patients to arrange these appointments.
WHEN ARE THE ONLINE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE?
- Dr Sackelariou has set days and time slots for the consultations from Monday to Friday. When you speak with our team they will advise which days are available to you.
WHEN CAN I HAVE SURGERY?
- Surgery has been limited during COVID lockdown stages. At this stage Melbourne is restricted but Sydney is available for surgery,
- Once Melbourne restrictions on elective surgery are lifted and hospitals advise their individual restrictions – we will begin operating again for less urgent cosmetic surgery cases.
A GUIDE TO TAKING YOUR OWN PHOTOS BEFORE YOUR CONSULTATION
- Please send us your photos of areas of concern BEFORE your virtual consultation
- Take multiple photos of your body area from different angles. From the Front, both sides and 45 degrees. A static camera is preferable as that doesn’t move around.
- If you’re using a mobile device we suggest you mount or prop your device so that it is stable and captures you in full view or use a computer with a camera if you can. Ask a friend to help.
TIPS FOR A BETTER ONLINE VIRTUAL CONSULTATION
Tips on how to get the most out of your online consultation
- Research your procedure and obtain information so you’re ready for your consult
- Send in your photos and Rego Form early
- Make a list of questions so at the end of your consult you can ask anything that wasn’t covered
- Ensure you have a good stable internet connection.
- Make an online consultation appointment that suits –
- Choose a quiet undisturbed location and time
- For more information about having a virtual consultation, or to learn more about consulting in this way, please contact the clinic.
Next Step – Book a Consultation with Dr Sackelariou
If you are considering body cosmetic plastic surgery then Dr Richard Sackelariou is the specialist plastic surgeon for you.
Dr Sackelariou can assist you in achieving your desired image, helping restore you to a more youthful and confident self.