Due to Covid a virtual consultation with Dr Richard Sackelariou are now available
Have you been researching your surgical options but are unable to attend an in-person consultation due to COVID-19, your remote location or other personal circumstances?
To meet the needs of his patients Dr Richard Sackelariou is now offering both new and existing patients virtual consultations.
We hold consultations via an online video service. This service provides a visual consultation allowing you to meet Dr Sackelariou face to face and explore the surgical options that may be available to you.
This form of consultation is the first step in your surgical journey where you will be able to;
- Meet Dr Sackelariou and his team
- Obtain information on the procedure
- View before and after images of Dr Sackelariou surgical cases
- Receive an estimate of fees for the procedure.
How Much Does It Cost?
The upfront cost of the virtual consult is $200. This is a little less than that of an in-person consultation. This is due to the fact that at this stage, you will be unable to claim a Medicare rebate for this appointment.
However, if you decide to proceed and want to explore your options after your virtual appointment, we will offer you an in-person appointment with Dr Sackelariou (once we are fully operational again), at no further cost to you.
How Does It Work?
Once you have booked your appointment and paid your fees Dr Sackelariou’ administrative staff will send you a detailed email with all the information on how to prepare for the consultation and any paperwork that may be required prior to the appointment.
What Do I Use On My Phone to do The Virtual Consult?
How Long Does a Virtual Consultation Last?
Your consultations will range from 30-60 minutes in length depending on the procedure/s you are wanting to discuss.
Do I Still Need to See The Surgeon In Person?
Yes, Dr Sackelariou will see all those patients that he has virtually consulted with for an in-person consultation to provide a physical examination, measurements along with sizing (if applicable) and clinical photos. Once restrictions are lifted, we will be contacting all patients to arrange these appointments.
When are the Online Consultations Available?
Dr Sackelariou has set days and time slots for the consultations from Monday to Friday. When you speak with our team they will advise the dates that are available to you.
I Want to Book, How Can I Do This?
When Can I Have Surgery?
Soon – Hospital Operating has resumed – Following Covid precautions and restrictions.
Tips on How To Get the Most Out of Your Online Consultation
- Research your procedure and obtain information so you are ready for your consult.
- Make a list of questions so at the end of your consult you can ask anything that was not covered
- Ensure you have a good internet connection.
- A static camera is preferable as that does not move around. If you’re using a mobile device, we suggest you mount or prop your device so that it is stable and captures you in full view or use a computer with a camera if you can.